Popsicle Stick Witch
All activities should be supervised by an adult. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
For a fun Halloween craft for kids – this popsicle stick witch and black cat craft is really easy to make! Make one or make them both! You can even add a magnet to the back and turn them into fridge magnets.
RELATED: Halloween Popsicle Stick Crafts
Popsicle Stick Witch and Black Cat Craft
Grab some popsicle sticks and you can create so many different Halloween crafts with them!
Don’t let the ideas stop here – you can also make a mummy, pumpkin, Frankenstein or vampire. See the other Halloween characters we made here.
You can easily make these into magnets too by adding a magnet to the back.
Supplies Needed to Make These Popsicle Stick Halloween Crafts
Supplies to make the character features:
- Small googly eyes
- Acrylic Paint – we used white, black and green
- Felt– we used black and orange
- Cardstock – we used black, brown and purple
- Glitter Foam Sheets – gold for the witch hat
- Buttons – small purple buttons for the witch
- Pipe Cleaner – purple for the cat whiskers and black for the tail
- Pom Pom – small purple pom pom for the cat nose
- Hot glue – using hot glue will help the felt stay on. Adult supervision required. We also like to use this extra-strong glue for gluing on buttons and paper.
Watch the Video Tutorial!
How to Make a Popsicle Stick Witch & Black Cat
Here are the detailed instructions for each character:
1. First, start by gluing the popsicle sticks together.
Line up 5 mini sticks for the black cat and 4 regular popsicle sticks for the witch.
Glue a mini stick to the back for the black cat and 2 to the back for the witch. This will keep all of the sticks together.
2. Paint the popsicle sticks.
Paint the black cat black.
Paint the top of the witch green and the bottom black.
Now you can decorate each one:
1. To make the cat ears, cut out 2 black triangles first.
Use the black triangle to trace another triangle on purple paper, then trim to a smaller size.
Glue the purple triangle on top of the black triangle.
Glue an ear to the top sides of the popsicle sticks.
2. Glue on two small googly eyes.
3. Twist 3 purple pipe cleaners together and glue down for the whiskers.
4. Glue a small purple pom pom on top of the whiskers.
5. Wrap a black pipe cleaner around a pencil.
6. Now glue the black pipe cleaner to the back to make the cat’s tail.
Finally, paint on the cat’s mouth with white paint.
1. Cut out a witch hat from black felt and glue to the top. You can also use black cardstock to make the hat.
Add a strip of gold glitter foam paper to the hat to make the brim of the hat.
2. Glue on 2 small googly eyes.
Then draw on a nose and mouth with a black sharpie.
3. Cut little strips of orange felt (you can also use orange cardstock) and glue to the side of the witch’s face.
4. Glue on 2 purple buttons.
To make the broom: Cut out a rectangular strip of brown cardstock and cut slits in it. Then glue to the top of a popsicle stick. Glue the broom to the bottom of the witch.
We hope you have fun making these popsicle stick Halloween crafts!
To see how to make a popsicle stick mummy, pumpkin, Frankenstein and vampire click here.
More Halloween Craft Ideas
For more Halloween ideas, see 50+ Halloween Crafts For Kids!