Macaroni and cheese is a staple in our house. I think anyone with kids can agree that mac and cheese is a favorite in their household too. No need to buy the store-bought kind with our simple recipe. And the best part about these mini mac and cheese bites is they are perfect for lunches!
RELATED: Stove top macaroni and cheese
Mac and Cheese Bites
Turn homemade macaroni and cheese into these little bite-sized snacks! Perfect for packing for picnics or lunches. No fork needed to gobble up these bite-sized macaroni and cheese bites!
Here’s what you’ll need to make these easy mac and cheese bites:
Only 5 ingredients!
- Macaroni Noodles
- Cheddar Cheese
How long can I keep mac and cheese bites?
Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in the oven or in the microwave on a low to medium heat setting until warm.
Mac and Cheese Bites
- Mini muffin pan
- 1 cup macaroni noodles
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 0.5 cup milk
- 1.5 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Cook macaroni according to package directions and set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add in flour and let simmer for a minute.
- Slowly add in the milk and let simmer for a few more minutes until bubbly.
- Add 1 cup of the shredded cheese and stir until melted.
- Add in macaroni and stir to cover noodles; set aside to cool or refrigerate overnight.
- To make the bites: preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of Mac N Cheese into each mini muffin tin cup.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese. Add more if needed to cover completely as shown.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan. If needed, run a knife around each Mac N Cheese bite to easily release from the pan.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
We love how easy these are to make! Make a batch of regular macaroni and cheese and then make the bites for kids’ lunches the next day!
More Recipes for Kids