If you’re looking for an easy Halloween craft for kids then you’ll love these Wooden Spoon Halloween Crafts. Kids will love creating these spoons – and they can be used as puppets or story spoons when you’re done! From a pumpkin to a vampire – these will be a big hit for Halloween!
RELATED: Halloween Crafts for Kids
Halloween Wooden Spoon Crafts
Turn an old spoon into a fun Halloween character! You can even make a ghost, bat or mummy too!
We love how each wooden spoon has a different personality. You have the option to make a pumpkin, witch, Frankenstein or vampire. With just a few supplies, you can transform your old spoons into funny characters just in time for Halloween!
Supplies Needed for These Halloween Spoons
- Wooden Spoons – we used these wooden spoons.
- Small googly eyes
- Acrylic Paint – we used orange, lime green, purple, black and this color for the vampire face
- Felt – we used green, orange, white and black
- Burlap Ribbon – we used a little bit of burlap ribbon for the top of the pumpkin spoon but you could also use brown felt here
- Glitter Foam Sheets – gold for the witch and red for the vampire
- Buttons – small purple and black buttons
- Hot glue – using hot glue will help the hat and other elements stay on better. Adult supervision required.
Watch the Video Tutorial!
How to Make Halloween Wooden Spoons
First, paint all of your wooden spoons:
- Paint the full spoon orange for the pumpkin
- Paint the witch top green and the handle black
- Paint the Frankenstein top green and the handle purple
- Paint the vampire top a beige color (or this color) and the bottom black
Here are the 4 different wooden spoon step-by-step instructions:
1. Cut out the eyes, nose and mouth out of black felt and glue on.
2. Cut out a stem from brown felt or burlap ribbon and glue to the back top of the spoon.
3. Cut out a leaf from green felt and glue beside the stem.
1. Cut out the eyebrows and mouth from black felt and glue on.
2. Cut out the hair from black felt and glue to the top of the spoon. You can trace around the top of the spoon for the rounded shape and then when you cut make some zigzag lines.
3. Add googly eyes on top of the eyebrows.
4. Glue on 2 black buttons on the handle.
1. Cut out a hat from black felt and glue to the top of the spoon
2. Add a strip of gold glitter foam paper to make a brim for the hat.
3. Cut out strips of orange felt for the hair. Glue to to the sides of the spoon. You may need to cut the top of the strips on an angle so they line up to the hat.
4. Glue on 2 googly eyes. Then add the nose and mouth with a black sharpie.
5. Glue on 2 purple buttons on the handle.
1. Cut out the hair from black felt and glue to the top. When cutting out the hair, make a peak so that it comes down close to where your eyes will be. You can trace around the top of the spoon for the rounded shape and then when you cut it out make the peak in the hair.
2. Cut out a triangle shape from the red glitter foam sheet and glue to the back of the spoon.
3. Cut out a narrow triangle from white felt and glue to the top of the handle.
4. Cut out a bow from the red glitter foam sheet and glue on top of the white felt.
5. Glue on 2 googly eyes.
6. Draw a mouth with a black sharpie.
7. Add 2 small triangles from white felt for the teeth.
We hope you have fun making these Halloween spoons! Use them for story time, as puppets, or place them in a mason jar for décor!
More Halloween Crafts for Kids
See these 3 easy Halloween Spider Crafts for kids! You’ll definitely want to try one – or all three!
For more Halloween ideas, see 50+ Halloween Crafts For Kids!